Thursday, September 01, 2016

Check That Suspicious Link

I had a bizarre comment on my latest post.  It was a url.  It was enough to get me to call my email provider and ask some questions that got me to the security folks.  We think it was harmless, but I changed passwords.  But it did lead to him pointing out a website that checks suspicious url's for malware, viruses, etc.

I thought that was a cool thing to know, so here it is:  https://virustotal.com.

Yeah, you have to think about checking that link I just gave you, don't you.  But you have to go there to check it.  Such dilemmas.  But I've got you covered.  I already did it and here's what it said:



I am working on Part 2 of The Uncanny Valley and Paris Museums post, but it's by warm and sunny in Anchorage and it's complicated, so this is a break.  In fact I may leave it for a couple of days before I get it up.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve!
    Thanks a million for the information. Will definately share it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.