Tuesday, November 12, 2013

11/12/13

Humans like patterns.
Some people like to extract extra meaning into coincidental patterns.
I think it's of note that today is the 12th day of the 11th month of 2013.  But I don't think it means anything.
Especially since people in other parts of the world note the day first and then the month, which would make today 12/11/13.
And in cultures that use the lunar calendar it's totally different.  In each of those cultures it's totally different.

So enjoy the accidental pattern, but I don't think it means much more than a nice shadow on the wall.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way. 2+2=4 not 2+2=chicken moo cow I liked last week when the dates were the same read both ways.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.