Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Ptarmigan Creek Bugs

I'm just going to put these pictures up.  I checked my Insects of south-central Alaska book and I can't say I'm sure about any of these and a couple I can't find.

There are two basic sets.  The first is bugs feeding on cow parsnip flowers.  These huge bouquets of little white flowers host a huge number of bugs.

This first one appears to be tiny wasp.  The closest I can find in the book is the subfamily of bachinae in the family Ichneumonidae.

























The four above are all the same fly.  Not sure what it is.


The second set is bugs on the windshield.

This one is orangish and I couldn't figure out from the book what it is.


Another unidentified flying insect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.