Monday, February 01, 2010

Juneau Beauty

My face is still red for calling the Juneau Douglas City Museum "Anchorage Douglas ..." No excuses. Here's a peace offering.
I needed my credit card to return something on my run Saturday.  Unfortunately, I stuck it into my camera case and I'm guessing it fell out when I took this picture from the Juneau - Douglas Bridge.


Or maybe it was after I took this picture of Douglas.  But when I got to the Douglas side and was ready to take a picture back toward Juneau, the card wasn't in the case.  I ran back.  I'd met a friend walking his dog on the bridge.  And there was another man following him.  I ran across but didn't see the card.  My friend hadn't seen it either.  I went through the pictures on my camera back to the hardware store.  No card.  I figured I must have dropped it into the channel.  I reported my card when I got home.  But Sunday, when I finally got to my emails, there was a message that Greg had found it with his phone number.  Nice. 

 
Breakfast view from our kitchen Sunday morning.   The outdoors was tugging at me.  I encouraged J to join me.  The avalanche danger was low last week and there hadn't been any significant changes.  We're doing Basin Road until we're ready to turn back.


 


  


 


 

 
Old mining equipment (I'm assuming) at the beginning of the Perseverance Trail.



And suddenly we're back into the inhabited end of Basin Road.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures Steve. I miss seeing green in January. DZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moved from Juneau in '95.
    Thanks for the beautiful reminder of the place I was raised!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful and within one of two precincts that voted against the constitutional amendment barring marriage equality in 1998 (the other being Girdwood). Juneau isn't Anchorage (although the Mendenhall valley has become so, unfortunately).

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.