Friday, February 12, 2010

For the Snowbound - Consider a Break in Springlike Juneau

I'm afraid these aren't great photos, I've been trying to get some shots, while rushing to work in the mornings,  that would show off why the snow bound might want to consider a weekend break in Alaska. 


 

 Wednesday

Wednesday - This is Franklin Street.  
Notice the snow is on the mountains, not in the streets.

Thursday. Mountains, not in the streets.


Today.  With Sunshine. From our window.

Today, sun and blue sky.  From another window.



And just so I don't get accused of misleading you, here's a map of Alaska, showing you that Juneau is in what is called Southeast Alaska.  To get your bearings, Southeast is north and west of the US Northwest.  The map will enlarge a lot if you click it.

And for those who want to wish Abraham Lincoln a happy birthday (and Charles Darwin), you can singalong at least year's post on this day with the Anchorage cast of Hair.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember this. I pointed out that Charles Darwin may have had more influence than Lincoln.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ropi, it was you that alerted me that Abe wasn't the only one born on Feb. 12.

    Another note. Yesterday a security camera company put up a "Nice Post" comment with a link to their site on my post about the new security camera in the staff/public lounge in the Capitol.

    And this post got a "You have provided some nice pictures.Keep blogging!!!" with a link back to a cad drafting service.

    If I wanted ads, I'd use Google Ads and make money from them. So I took them both down, but I want to let you know that I've done this and why. I guess I should add something to my comments warning.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.