Thursday, February 04, 2010

Advocates - There Oughta Be a Law!

The halls of the Capitol are often crawling with people who are in Juneau to see legislators about some special project, about a favored agency, to argue for or against some law, or a whole host of other reasons.  Here are a couple that I caught on camera Wednesday.

Emergency Medical Responders staked out the table just outside the Legislators' lounge and were giving blood pressure tests and explaining to people the services they provide around the state. 



Then, later, in the new (this session) staff and public lounge in the Thomas Potter [Stewart] Building, where I've found a new place to blog comfortably, I overheard a group of advocates (I was corrected in an earlier post when I referred to some school children as lobbyists) talking to a legislative staffer and asked them if I could get them to tell me what they are doing here on film. 

[Not sure what happened to the video.  There's a clip that worked right when I did it, but isn't working right now. I'll see if I can fix it later.]

3 comments:

  1. Love the "There Oughta Be A Law" poster, although what the heck is a British bobby doing in Alaska!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the Thomas Stewart Building, not Thomas Potter.

    Tom Stewart was a long-standing, much respected (by most) judge in Alaska who believed in giving back to the community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Albert - it's a pin she was wearing. Didn't ask about the uniform.

    Bear Woman - Of course, but for some reason I keeping saying Potter. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.