Saturday, January 23, 2010

Another Way to Make (not much) Money from My Blog

Here's an email I got yesterday.
Hi,

My name is XXX XXXX and I run a WWWW business in Alaska.
Since you run a blog in Alaska, I'd like to ask if you'd be interested
in working out an advertising relationship with me.

It's pretty simple. All I'd ask for is a blogroll link pointing to my
website, ZZZZZZ.org, or a blog post with a link to my
website from your blog. And after the links up, I'll send you $5 with Paypal. Easy as that.

And I'll also throw in free WWWWWWWW quotes for you! ;o)

Thanks for your time, and let me know if you're interested!

-XXX
Rest assured, I'm not likely to endorse a product or 
put up a link because someone is willing to pay me for it. 
If I will make sure readers know the relationship. 
And mostly I'll do it, like this post, just to let people 
know ways people surreptitiously advertise on blogs.
 
If I write about something or someplace, it's because I
think it's interesting. If I endorse it, it's because I think it's good.
 
That's not to say that XXXXX doesn't run a legitimate business 
and he is just being creative about ways to advertise.  
Skepticism is always healthy.  

1 comment:

  1. Modern technology brings new advertising techniques with itself. For example one day I read that the Pope supported the bishops and archbishops to use internet to contact with people.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.