Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Municipality of Anchorage's New Fitness Plan

Perhaps Mayor Sullivan noted the study that reported that Alaska is the 18th most obese state and he decided we all need more exercise. Knowing that we need to slim down, but that we resist efforts to make us healthier, I'm guessing that the Mayor simply ordered Public Works to leave snow berms across people's driveways when they finally got around to plowing.    I'm certainly fitter.  You can see the before and after pictures below.



 Our driveway BEFORE I shovelled.









  Our Driveway AFTER I shovelled.





And here's one of our newly buff neighbors.  You can see the pile of snow he moved.  And this isn't light fluffy snow.  This was packed down, chunky, wet snow.



Thanks Dan, I needed to get out and exercise.  Keep this up and we'll all be so fit we won't even need health insurance.

1 comment:

  1. It is a nice idea. Luckily I am satisfied with my height-weight ratio.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.