Saturday, September 05, 2009

Senungetuk Exhibit and Adding to Alaskan Blog List



We went to Modern Dwellers for the opening of Catherine and Joe Senungetuks show. My camera battery was dead, so these are from the cards that were given out. But the show was water colors, some collage, and ink. Birds. Actually, there were some bigger pieces too that were, Catherine help me, oil?

I think they're magical, but go see for yourself. This chocolate shop - Modern Dweller - is in the new strip mall on the NW corner of Old Seward and 36th.

Peter Dunlap-Shohl was there too. I'd gotten a bit of video of him talking about his animated film at the Anchorage International Film Festival last December. (He shows up about minute 7 on the video.) He has a blog about Parkinsons which is quite good. And a second blog of political cartoons. (Peter was a cartoonist with the ADN for 25 years.) I've linked both in amongst the Alaska blogs.

I also added Henkimaa and OMFGAlaska, both of which I find to be thoughtful blogs that look at their topics in depth and with knowledge. The Alaska Blog box only shows the ten blogs with the most recent posts. So the blogs on there will change as some get replaced by more recent posts. [Update, September 6: I forgot. I also added Alaskan Librarian.]

Update: September 5, 2009 - Since my camera battery was dead, I took some pictures with Joe's camera and he sent some today. Here are a couple:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.