Sunday, May 17, 2009

Broken Bones and Abrasions

Just got a call for my wife (who's visiting our daughter in Seattle).

"I'm someone, mumble (radio's on can't hear it that well) emergency mumble."

Must be someone asking for money. Or someone J met.

"Wait, WHO ARE YOU?"

"From the Stanford Hospital Emergency room, her son's been in an accident, but he's ok."

"I'm his dad."

"He has abrasions and maybe some broken bones. Nothing too serious."

"On his bike?"

"Yes. You can come and visit him if you like now."

"I would, yes, but I'm in Anchorage. He's fully conscious right? He can tell you who can pick him up right?"

"Yes he'll call his roommate when he's done."

Having merely dislocated one finger - and some abrasions - on Wednesday I can really feel for the poor boy. I hope you get better quickly! Sorry I can't drive over and offer some comfort. If it helps any, my finger's feeling much better already. I'm tempted to take off the bandages, but I'll wait til I see the physician assistant Wednesday afternoon.

Get better, being banged up isn't fun. I'm really sorry it happened. I won't be mushy on the blog, but I'm thinking it.

I don't even know what happened. Accident with a car? Just the bike? Which bones? My gut short circuited my brain and I didn't think to ask or even get a phone number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.