Thursday, February 12, 2009

This URL has been blocked"

[Double click to enlarge]

I got this on my screen for the first time today. I was looking for an audio hosting site. So a court order to block it could make sense. Except that this is clearly a Thai block, so blocking it because it might have some pirated music makes less sense. But what could it have on it for it to be against Thai security? (I would also note that it turned out that my "gangsta" - as Dennis calls it - audio hosting site, jamglue, has relaxed their stringent no embedding policy and so I just used that.)

Which all reminded me of the professor at Thailand's most prestigious university who fled the country rather than go to trial for criticizing the King. But that's another story entirely, or is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.