Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Mr. Delak Shows Me How To Make a Hat with a Pakima

Mr. Delak (I'm messing up the spelling, but I'm trying to be consistent) is a farmer our program works with. Last year I met him when I went with Doc to his village and we spent the night at his place. Since then I've met him a number of times.

But yesterday was the first time I saw him on this trip. We chatted about a number of things. He has a tiny shop open now in Chiang Mai, if I understood correctly, where he sells his organic vegetables. He had his pakima on his head in a unique (to me anyway) style, so I asked how he did that. He showed me:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.