Saturday, January 10, 2009

Trip List Makes Traveling a Little Easier

We leave for almost three months in less than 48 hours.

One thing I've found that makes traveling easier is a Trip List template I keep on my computer.

Trip List
  • I open the file.
  • Make necessary changes, additions
  • Print it off
  • Check off things as I pack them

So, the clothes are pretty much the same for every trip, the amount varies depending on how long I'm gone. Though I believe in doing laundry in the sink rather than taking lots and lots of stuff.

Sections like reading, work, munchies all will vary from trip to trip.

I may not need everything, but at least I have a list and won't forget something basic.

Generally I don't take more than I can carry on with me on the plane. For this trip though - we're gone almost months in the same place - I think we'll take one or two bigger suitcases. This also allows us to take gifts that wouldn't fit into carry-on.

Now, gotta run and get all this stuff together as well as clean up the house for the house sitters.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thrilled to see the Bird Book on the list!
    Have a good time.
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.