Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Better Late than Never - State Department Wants to Know What the Pres is Supposed to Do

How many days are left in the Bush Administration? 13 or 14? Well I had a sitemeter profile this morning from a US State Department computer looking up the job duties of the president. I do get a kick when someone in Washington, DC has to go to an Alaskan blog to find answers to questions like this.

This also gives me an opportunity to point out to readers how much information about you is collected when you surf the internet. In the interest of transparency, I've set my sitemeter to 'open' so that anyone can click on that number in the right hand column and see the stats for the site. And I've talked about this before. I haven't lately because in some cases, I'd like to know what government agencies and what corporations have employees dropping by here. But this one is too silly to pass up. (You can double click the image to enlarge it.)


They went to the page where I looked up the Vice President's job duties to assess whether Sarah Palin was qualified. I went to the US Constitution and posted job duties for the VP, President, and Congress.

By the way, the counters are so far unable to track how long someone has been on the site if they only visit one page, so 0 seconds doesn't necessarily mean 0 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.