Thursday, December 11, 2008

AIFF - Annetta Marion talks about short films

Monday night I met Annetta Marion and she did a brief video pitch for Donut Heaven. The next day I got to see Donut Heaven and briefly discussed it in a post that also talked about short films and why people do them. So last night after Dream Boy I ran into Annetta again. I'd also written that I wished I'd seen her after I saw Donut Heaven so I could ask her about whether the main character wore a fat suit at the beginning (she more delicately called it a prosthetic). So, yes, she did. And it was heavy and hot in Florida in July. When they took it off, water gushed out.

But she also answered some of my questions about why people make shorts. Here's a snippet of our conversation.



Donut Heaven plays again Saturday, December 13 at 8:00 PM - Anchorage Museum as part of Subjective Subtleties.

1 comment:

  1. hi,steve,
    i sent you one air mail yesterday.
    i copied the address which you have used when i was still in Renda.
    is that ok?
    Frank

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.