Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Anchorage to LA

A trip LA to visit my mom has been waiting for a good time and cheap seats. I finally pulled out the mileage and got tickets, but the 10,000 mile legs were scarce (more 20,000 mile ones) so I'm in LA already. The cloud cover was heavy leaving Anchorage, but just out of Anchorage (minutes out) you could see glimpses of land and sky through the clouds at once. Here was a cloudy view of mountains flying out.

Then above the clouds, and really looked just like this. Flat white cloud out to the blue. I had a three hour layover in Seattle, but when I checked on the gate, I saw there were two earlier flights to LA. So I spent an hour in Seattle, saw enough of the debate to realize it was the same content from the previous ones. It was interesting to see it on CNN and watch the lines with the male (green) and female (yellow) real time reactions of Ohio undecided voters. Actually it was bizarre. I imagine they have to actually do something, but how could you keep dialing your reaction as you watch? But it did seem to go up when someone said no taxes.



I was expecting to see smoke and maybe fires flying into LA, but it was very clear. And comparatively warm. Low 70s at 10pm felt a bit warm after low 30s.

Good to see my mom. Good to be unconnected most of the day.

2 comments:

  1. You have captured one of my favorite images of LA! I always love landing in LA at night 'cause you get this great view. The city looks like gold.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.