Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Anchorage Assembly On Line - Almost

Maybe everyone else found out about this while I was gone, but the Anchorage Assembly is now online live and you can get archived copies of older meetings - going back to the end of January.

Except, when I tried to view the streaming video last night it told me I didn't have the right plug-in. I downloaded it, but it still didn't work. Their streaming video support got me to this:

Microsoft has not released a Windows Media browser plug-in for Intel Mac computers. As an alternative, Microsoft is promoting the Flip4Mac program. Tested in May '07, Flip4Mac's WMV Player plays videos, though with some issues. Flip4Mac currently does not support some advanced features, in addition to other minor playback problems.


So, it sounds like I should be able to get it, but not well. Maybe someone has a tip for this MacBook user. And why couldn't the Municipality find a medium that Mac users could use as well as PC users? I thought the Municipality was into diversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.