Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thai Activist Media Website Supporting Alaskan Cause

One of the organizations at my compound, Local Talk, works to increase the coverage of local community issues in the media. I wrote earlier about proofing the English version of their report of a program that taught youth how to be reporters and to report on their communities.

One of my projects here in my final days has been to develop a directory of the organizations and people who work in this compound. In doing that, I learned that some of the organizations have websites. Local Talk's website posts local stories, but they also fill up space with stories from elsewhere. Looking on their site today, I found this story about the problems with farmed salmon, an issue that nearly all Alaskans would agree on. (How many others could we find?)

This is a small world and everything is connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.