Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Brief Update

Yesterday Bing and I went back to the second village - where they grow the mangos. They were going to have surveyors come to resurvey the land. We got there around noon, had lunh with the headman of the village and then took about seven people to the public lands building where about 50 other villagers were waiting as well as the lands people. I got home about 8 again last night and after we walked down to Suthep Road (about 5 minutes) for dinner, I lay down on the bed at about 9:30pm for a few minutes. I got up again this morning at 7 when my alarm went off. As they say, pictures and vidoes later. Here's a preview - close up of lunch (with sticky rice) on the headman's porch. The white vegetable is a kind of eggplant.

1 comment:

  1. I wish computers had smell attached-- this looks like it was delicious! Is their sticky rice like it is here-- white with (I believe) all the nutrients washed out or is it the good-for-you and flavorful kind?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.