Saturday, December 01, 2007

Phil Tells the Jeremy Lansman Story - Part I

All I can say is thanks Phil for writing this for me. I'll just add that Jeremy is this eccentric genius whose garage is full of electronic equipment and who cobbles together antennas from parts he scavanges or if necessary buys at plumbing stores. He's got a wicked sense of humor and a highly evolved sense of right and wrong. I should have written this probably, but I'm glad Phil did. Here, from Progressive Alaska, is an excerpt. Click the title for the rest:

Jeremy Lansman - Part I

I first encountered Jeremy Lansman in 1961. I first spoke with him yesterday evening.

In the intervening 46 years, Lansman has become a legendary hero, a creator of urban legends, iconoclast extraordinaire, and an historic figure in Alaska broadcasting. He created the first digital broadcasting outlet in Alaska with second-hand equipment bought on e-Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.