Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Court Room Escape









When I looked out this morning, the street was snow free and dry. One more day I can ride my bike. I know that some people resent cyclists for various reasons - but to be out in the chilly morning air, moving my blood around and going through the woods a good part of the way, and being able to park almost at the door of the federal building - what's not to like? But there was still ice on the bike path as you can see from these two pictures on my way home. Still, this is so much better than being in a car. And for those of you in your cars, I'm one less car on the road and one more parking place.

7 comments:

  1. Once I rode my bike around November and the day before it rained and the water froze. I didn't fall off my bike but was strange. In every turn I suffered because I almost lost the control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a little different. It had snowed. The snow had been walked and ridden over. So it was a little crunchy, but not slick ice. It was easier than I expected and no slipping or sliding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave birth to one of my children in late October. It must have been back in 2003. We had a late "serious" frost that year (but that would be the first of the bad winds that seem to sweep through South Central from Siberia that now make an annual appearance). It was the week before Thanksgiving and my kids were late to school. My car was in the shop so I had them wait a bit and got the baby ready and we walked to the school, about a mile away. It was the best day EVER.


    Thanks for sharing the pictures. They are almost meditative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, we pay you to sit in that courtroom all day not to go out and have fun....oops, I forgot, we don't pay you anything. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kodiak PA--

    I say with double this man's salary! What do you think?

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, let's double his salary. He deserves an annual bonus, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.